VERITAS provides legal support to the companies operating in subsurface resources management sphere.
Our lawyers possess significant experience in providing advice on legislative and administrative regulation of subsurface resources management matters, issue of licenses and permits, as well as experience in the provision of legal support of Clients’ interests in connection with other matters pertaining to subsurface resources management.
We offer holistic legal services based on the knowledge of legislation, as well as experience of providing advice to Kyrgyz and foreign companies operating in this field.
- Support of investment projects aimed at the construction of new and retrofitting of existing mining facilities, including the development of arrangement structures, preparation of investment contracts, joint operating agreements, contract agreements, other agreements.
- Provision of advice on various subsurface assets investment options.
- Due diligence of activities conducted by mining companies (groups of companies) at the request of prospective buyers / investors or current business owners, including for IPO purposes.
- Provision of advice pertaining to the sectoral regulation and licensing of activities conducted by mining enterprises.
- Preparation and legal assessment of draft license agreements for the right to use subsurface resources, legal assessment of existing license agreements and preparation of draft amendments thereto, support of license re-issuance.
- Provision of advice and preparation of legal opinions on the various aspects of subsurface use laws.
- Legal support and advice in the process of obtaining subsurface use license.
- Representation of clients’ interests in litigations concerning the protection of mining companies’ interests in the disputes related to environmental infringements and engaging public authorities and individuals (groups of individuals) whose rights are violated.